Frequently Asked Questions
AAC Adoption and Family Network, Inc.
735 East HWY 56 Map
P.0. Box W
Berthoud, CO 80513
Phone: (970) 532-3576
Fax: (970) 532-9879
Adopt a Child from China
The Adopt a Child from China program provides one of the most reliable and simplified processes available today. More American families have chosen to adopt from China than from any other country since the year 2000. In 2006, about 6,493 Chinese orphans came to the United Sates.
- Healthy Children: Thousands of healthy infants and toddlers, approximately 95% are girls, are available for adoption. Also available are "waiting children" i.e., boys and girls of all ages with special medical needs or healthy children six years and older. Generally, birth mothers live a healthy simple life in the countryside and have very little access to smoking or alcohol let alone drugs. Some developmental delay, if any, is due to institutionalized childcare which usually rectifies quickly.
- Stable & Predictable Adoption Process: China established a structured and consistent system to support intercountry adoptions since 1991. The China Center of Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) matches children with their parents on a "first-come first-serve" basis with a predictable timeframe and consistent requirements for adoptive parents.
- Abandonment: 100% of the children adopted from China are abandoned without any information on their birth parents since abandonment is illegal in China. The adoptive parents acquire all legal rights for their child without worry that the birth parents will try to reclaim the child afterwards.
- Affordable: China adoption is the most affordable international adoption program. All fees and expenses are outlined clearly at the beginning of the adoption process. There are no hidden or last-minute charges.
- One Trip to China (Safe & Fun): Only one trip which averages 12-14 days in China is required to complete the adoption. Morgan of AAC travels with each group and manages all aspects to ensure that each trip is not only safe but fun. (For more information, please ask for the Sample of AAC China Adoption Travel Itinerary)
- Adoption Finalized in China: If both parents travel to China, the adoption is finalized at that point.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...That's how easy it is to start your amazing journey to meet your precious Chinese child. Just call AAC today at 970-532-3576 or request on-line for our China Adoption Information Package. Also please see "Why choose AAC as your China adoption agency?"